We continue to be vigilant and are working extra hard to ensure the safety of our staff and customers at City Avenue Market. We have been making some small changes since our last update, and we would like to give you a quick summary of what we are doing and what you need to know in order to make your next trip to our stores safer.
Currently, all 4 City Avenue Market locations are open during regular store hours. For store hours, please visit our website at cityavenuemarket.ca
Please note the following things we have implemented:
- In accordance with the latest BC province-wide restrictions, masks are no longer required in all public indoor settings.
- We ask our employees who experiences COVID-like symptoms to not come to work.
- We provide employees with rapid testing and screening.
- We are monitoring occupancy in the stores and will limit the number of customers allowed in when necessary.
- We provide hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant at our main entrance.
- We have installed plexiglass dividers at our checkouts.
- We have floor markings to show customers where to stand when lining up for our checkouts in order to maintain social distancing.
- We ask our employees to actively wash and sanitize their hands.
- We will ensure physical distancing by directing customers to line up outside during peak period and remind customers to maintain that distance while inside our store.
- We are frequently cleaning high-touch surfaces, including bagging countertop, conveyer belt, pin pads, and door handles with disinfectants, as well as disinfecting our shopping baskets and carts after each use.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
- Stay home if you feel unwell
- Keep 2 meters (6 feet) distance from others in the store
PLEASE RESPECT EACH OTHER’S CHOICE
- Masks are not mandatory in stores. However, we ask that everyone consider the comfort and health of others.
- Our team members may be immuno-compromised, caretakers to others, or may be more comfortable wearing a mask. We encourage you to continue wearing a mask when social distancing is not possible.
To get the most updated information, please use the following link: gov.bc.ca/COVID19
There is also a Self-Assessment Tool online at covid19.thrive.health
City Avenue Market Team
Updated: July 2022