City Avenue rewards terms & conditions
The City Avenue Rewards Program (“Program”) is a rewards program offered by City Avenue Market (“City Avenue Market”) to its customers in British Columbia, Canada. Membership to the Program ("Membership") is limited to individuals only and is limited to one account per individual. Membership is not available to businesses and organizations, or those that are enrolled in Corporate Membership.
By submitting the application to join the Program, participating in the Program and/or using the City Avenue Market mobile app (“App), the member (“Member”) of the Program agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms"), including any amendments made by City Avenue Market from time to time. Member should check back regularly for any revisions to the Terms & Conditions.
- The Program is completely free and no purchase is necessary for joining.
- Each Member can only have one active account at a time. Any inactive or extra accounts may be deactivated, deleted, or merged with the Member’s active account at City Avenue Market’s discretion.
- The Member may choose to share his or her account with household members; all points earned will be accumulated under the same Membership. The Member is responsible and liable for all use (including Points redemption) of his or her Membership by other individuals.
- The Member is responsible for securing any cards, key-tags, App account password used in connection with the Membership account.
- Membership and Points are non-transferable.
- Members cannot change the name on the account since it is non-transferable.
- Members must advise City Avenue Market immediately of any changes to the personal information including telephone numbers, postal code, and email address. Members are responsible for keeping the information accurate and up to date in order to not lose any Membership privilege.
- Any changes to the personal information and/or Membership account must be requested by the registered account holder (the Member). City Avenue Market will not make any changes to the Membership account if the requests are submitted by any individuals other than the Member him or herself.
- If City Avenue Market believes that some of its records are inaccurate or there are errors with a purchase transaction, a customer service team member may use the contact information provided to contact the Member.
- City Avenue Market is not responsible if our team member cannot contact you due to incorrect or inaccurate contact information that you have given us.
- City Avenue Market reserves the right to suspend or cancel Membership and user account at any time if City Avenue Market determines that the Member(s) have abused the Program in any way, violated the Terms and Conditions, or provided inaccurate/false information.
- Points do not expire however any unused Points is forfeited and cancelled if the Membership is cancelled or deactivated for any reason.
- By becoming a Member of the Program, the Member agrees to receive advertising materials and other communications from City Avenue Market.
- City Avenue Market reserves the right to correct errors at any time, without liability, even if it affects the Rewards or Membership.
- City Avenue Market reserves the right to change, suspend, or cancel the Program, without notice.
- Members may terminate their membership at any time by requesting in-store.
Release of Liability:
Member herby releases City Avenue Market and its affiliate entities and their respective directors and employees from and against all liability arising from or relating to the Program, Membership or this agreement.
Joining The Program
- To join the Program, the individual must be 18 years or older, or have a parent or legal guardian’s consent if the individual is a minor.
- City Avenue Market reserves the right to refuse Membership to customers that do not follow the enrolment procedures.
- To join the Program:
- Fill out a membership form at any City Avenue Market store by inquiring with a customer service or cashier team member or;
- Download the City Avenue Market App on Google or Apple Store and create an account on the App.
- First name, last name, email address, and phone number is required to sign up for an account
- If you’re already an existing Rewards Member prior to downloading the App, please see in-store or our website for instructions on how to sign up, in order to link your App account to your existing Rewards Membership.
- Your phone number is the identifier for earning points on purchases in-store.
- Physical card/key-tags are no longer issued.
- Once the application is accepted, the Member is assigned a Program account with a unique account number.
- Members earn one (1) City Avenue Rewards point (“Point”) for every Canadian dollar spent (exclusions apply).
- Points may be redeemed for a Reward (“Reward”)
- Point accrual is calculated based on Member’s Qualifying Purchases (“Qualifying Purchases”) made at participating locations.
- Qualifying purchases do not include the following: purchase of gift cards, delivery fees, taxes, coupon discount, charitable donations, bottle deposits, environmental fees, points redemption portion of a transaction, cashback, and other products/services specified as exclusions from time to time.
- The Member must provide the phone number associated with the account at the time of purchase to earn points.
- If phone number was not provided at the time of purchase, the Member may retain and present the receipt to City Avenue Market within 14 days from the receipt date to receive the points. Receipts from more than 14 days ago will not be accepted for points addition.
- Should any Point discrepancies occur, it must be inquired and addressed with City Avenue Market within thirty (30) days of the transaction date. Once past thirty days, City Avenue Market will not make any adjustment to the Member’s account.
- Points are non-transferable to another Member or account.
- To “redeem” points means to use your City Avenue Market rewards points to pay, or partially pay, for purchase at the checkout by providing your phone number and a piece of ID.
- The Member must provide the phone number associated with the account at the time of purchase to redeem points.
- Points have no cash value and non-redeemable for cash.
- To redeem points, Member must provide 1 piece of ID with first name and last name matching with the names on the Rewards account. No exceptions.
- Members may only redeem one reward per transaction and must have the required number of points available at the time of redemption. Points will be deducted at time of redemption.
- Once points are redeemed for a reward, the redemption cannot be reversed.
- Rewards are discount coupons that deduct dollar value off one purchase.
- Reward may only be redeemed for dollar value off the purchase amount equal or greater than the amount of the Reward dollar value
- Member is responsible for all redemptions on the account, including any redemptions made on the account as a result of unauthorized access to your account.
- The Member must provide the phone number associated with the account in order for City Avenue Market to process any exchange or return request from a transaction that originally earned points. City Avenue Market reserves the right to refuse any exchanges or returns without the account information.
- Points earned from a Qualifying Purchase will be deducted from Member’s account if a portion or all of the Qualifying Purchase is returned or exchanged.
- Reward will not be refunded back in any way if product(s) or service(s) from the transaction that used a Reward are returned. Member may exchange for another product of equal value or more. Member will need to pay for the difference if the exchanged product is higher in value.